[DMCForum] stainless steel quality

okay a little off topic but the Forum has been a little slow. My wife and
I are getting very nice countertops put into our kitchen....Silestone. Its
kind of like granite but it had quartz and is no maintanence. While we
were there I noticed alot of stainless steel appliances. They seem to be
making a comeback. We also had to buy a new kitchen sink to mount under
the counter...We found out "Blanco" is the #1 brand in stainless sinks
becasue of the high nickel content and guage of metal. Our sink ran about
$550 at Expo (A new Home Depot store). I alos saw stainless microwaves and
stoves. One GE ss refrigerator was $2600! So It really does seem ss is as
popular as ever.

The salesmen who knew all about the ss sinks was telling us about the
different grade of ss sinks that are available and the guage of metal and
nickel content used in them. Anyone know the quality of the ss used on our
cars? My guess is that they used higher quality steel since it was the
hallmark of the car. However, since it seems we all complain about all the
ways they cut corners who konws...

mike c
2109