Re: [DMCForum] 170 mph speedometer conversion

On 19-02-2003 16:41, Stragand, Dave wrote:

> Don Steger sells a 160 MPH version...
>
> http://www.deloreanmotorcenter.com/_a000016_160mph_speedo_unit.html
>
> Not that I'd need it.
> My car hasn't moved faster than 40 in about 15 years...

For me this would REALLY make it a "guessometer";
the KMH scale is lacking in resolution for normal
everyday driving in The Netherlands; we have common speed limits of
30, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 and 120kmh and the speedo only shows
50 and 100, which makes it really hard to see how fast you're
going at any speed in between those...

I think I'm going to add making a new faceplate myself
to my ever increasing list of things I want to do...
Right next to fitting a bicycle computer on my car,
so I won't need a speedo reading over 85mph...

Item one hundred and something...  :(

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000