[DMCForum] Re: Big Lots giveaway?

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink@xxxx>"
<erikgeerdink@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok, if anyone you know about the stored "Big Lots" you know that
its
> a pretty cheap place.  5 year old jars of pickles for $.50 and
> imitation G.I Joes in the toy isles.  I know there were 2 Gold
> Deloreans made by AMEX.  And then another one made with spare parts
> which turned out to be the last Delorean made (we all saw it in
> Cleveland).
> Whats up with this delorean?
>
> http://bigtexas.com/dmc/gold/

Big lots is a Sol Shenk enterprise.  Sol Shenk was the guy who bought
the entire inventory of the DeLorean Motor Company when it folded.
I'm sure he had more cars than he knew what to do with at that time,
so plating one up must have seemed a fun thing.  I admire that guy.
He started out with very little, and made a fortune by buying low,
selling medium, paying cash and being fiscally shrewd.
I suppose he probably has the distinction of having had the largest
private collection of DeLoreans at any one time.

I'm no expert.  I just read about him in Stainless Steel Illusion,
and on the internet.

Rick Gendreau