RE: [DMCForum] DeLorean on Ebay...

I really think he is stretching it a bit...make that alot....Delorean
years
of production have been debated for years on the DML. The conclusion is
that
the condition of the car and its care from 1983-2002 are a lot more
important as to whether it was built in 1981, 82 or 83. Most D's on the
road
have most or all of the modifications needed to make the car safe. There
are
some minor exceptions for example if you happen to own a certain red
letter
vin number or if you had a car like the one photographed at the factory as
the 1000 Delorean made.

I would much rather drive a nice Delorean that was well maintained and
cared
for then one that is totaled, missing the left quarter panel and sits in
my
garage not running with a letter that says how nice a car I own. Makes we
want to go out and total mine and say its worth more becasue I have the
gas
flap and lines in the hood.

Just my opinion
Mike C