[DMCForum] Delorean on ebay....vins to the left...vins to the right.....

[DMCForum] Delorean on ebay....vins to the left...vins to the right.....

Greg,
sorry about the confusion about the "red letter" vin number...that was my
Doc Brown voice when he entered the "red letter" date that he invented the
FC in the first movie...What I meant to say that through my many
conversations with various owners and readin Knut's research on the
internet
it seems that since vin numbers indicate when your car was made and who
the
car went to. Several cars seem to be popular (or unpopular) based on the
vin....For example a late '83 vin indicates your car may have been
assembled
on the fly by disgruntled management with leftover mix and match
parts....I
will post the link from Knut's research....intersting if you are into vin
history...

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/h_vins.htm
<http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/h_vins.htm>

Mike C