Re: [DMCForum] OEM Tank sender

Hi Mike

The TankZilla price is pretty reasonable! I have sourced the sender unit
over here and it's £150 (let's just say it comes from one of those
manufacturers who charge a lot for parts!). I had planned to build the
interface myself, but to be honest all I really care about is getting
some warning before the car starts bucking around. I think you'd fix
your delayed readout problem if you took your current sender out and
poked something (eg bent paperclip) through the little holes at the
bottom - I expect they've just got a bit blocked.

I didn't know Houston had reproduced it - thanks for the info.

Martin

Cohee, Michael wrote:

>Martin,
>Tankzilla as you know is 300 bucks.....DMC houston has new ones for
129....I
>think this is a great price if you want one from them...My wife is
getting
>me this for christmas so I will let you have mine in Jan for a song..It
>actually works okay....when I fill my tank on a tuesday by friday it
reads
>full :-) I am guessing though that if I ran out of gas on a sunday it
would
>not tell me till following wednesday....
>
>http://www.delorean.com/fuelsender.asp
><http://www.delorean.com/fuelsender.asp>
>
>hope this helps
>Mike

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM