Re: [DMCForum] OEM Tank sender

> I think you'd fix
> your delayed readout problem if you took your current sender out and
> poked something (eg bent paperclip) through the little holes at the
> bottom - I expect they've just got a bit blocked.

All of the OEM tank senders that I have seen are in very poor condition.
It
wasn't until I saw a better one that I realized that the ring that snaps
on
the bottom is supposed to hold a fine mesh screen to keep particulates out
of the unit.

Usually what makes them read slow is the wire for the low fuel light
rots/breaks loose and jambs the float.  I have tried repairing them with
little success.  Every connection either builds up fuel residue or rusts
apart.  I have even seen a TankZilla sender rust apart.  They are more
prone
to rust because the top is zinc plated steel (whereas the OEM is plastic).
This coating gets scratched up when they cut it down on a lathe to fit the
DeLorean tank opening.

I'm really curious to see how well the new DMC/Texas unit is designed and
how well it will hold up to moisture & bad fuel.  At that price, I don't
expect many more TankZillas to be sold at $298 a pop.

Walt

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM