Re: [DMCForum] Horn on center pad

> the action of laying on the horn is usually a palm in front of you
> pushing out.... though for my story, involves my index finger gently
> moving from left to right!)

And if you were really pissed then you would 'slam' the horn with your
middle finger.  I suppose that by locating the horn on the turn signal
they
were trying to force drivers to be polite.  How can you show the offending
driver your middle finger when you need that hand for the horn?  And then
there is that toll both window that makes it even harder to get your
finger
out in time.  Well no, I don't drive like that...  usually.  :-)
[Moderator note - message rejected.  It is off topic and rud...aaaaaaaack
no.. let go of my keyborad you bas...

My first mishap with the offending DeLorean horn switch was in 1981 when I
was 16 years old.  My dad was shopping for a Buick, and the dealer also
sold
DeLoreans.  Since they had one in the showroom with the door open, I just
had to climb in.  On my way, my knee activated the aforementioned
offending
switch blasting everyone's ears in the showroom.  "Hey kid!  Get out of
there!"  But then the salesman wanted to know how I got the horn to work
because pressing on the center pad didn't do it.  Uh, duh.

[now for some reflecting]  Sitting in a DeLorean for the first time was an
awesome experience.  It had black interior.  I felt like I was sitting
inside of a leather jacket.  I looked over my shoulder and noticed that
where a back seat should be instead had this shelf protected by what
looked
like a chain link fence.  It just amplified the 'off limits' feeling since
they didn't want me in the car anyway.

Now as an old fart, I still hit that damn horn switch with my knee when I
get in.  But this only brings back early memories.  :-)

Walt

Sell a Home with Ease!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/SrPZMC/kTmEAA/MVfIAA/HliolB/TM