From: timnagin [mailto:timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 3:22 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DMCForum] vacuum for making D parts

Andrei,

I am not real familiar with the different types of plastics used in
vacu-forming but the one I have seen didn't seem strong enough to provide
any real support.  I know the carbon fiber mat is a lot more expensive
than
the fiberglass, but I would think either one would be strong enough where
the plastic would be of little to no benefit, true?

The vacu-formed piece could also be used as the master to make other molds
which would save a lot of time and the end product  a better and
consistent
fit as well should other pieces be created.

Greg