RE: [DMCForum] Porsche 6 speed conversion

RE: [DMCForum] Porsche 6 speed conversion

The spines on the axle extend beyond the smooth portion of the shaft.  If
you cut the axle, you will not have enough metal to machine the spines in
unless you use a CV joint that takes a smaller shaft... but will that
handle the power??

Welding the shaft will also probably not work, even if you could get it
perfectly balanced.