RE: [DMCForum] Gullwing Infinity???

Ah, I understand what you mean now.  I am in complete agreement.  What
looks
like hinges I would think are more likely finish panels covering the
actual
components, but made the way they are artistically for presentation.

The De Lorean door could have opened over the roof has it been designed
with
extensions from the torsion bar. If you look at the 23triant.jpg it does
look like the ribbed portions slide inside the roof panel.  The bulge area
between these two points could contain a torsion bar as well.  Take a look
at the way the roof is shaped just fore and aft of the ribbed hinges.

The lift-assist could be a small motor attached to these torsion bars.
That
would be the best of both worlds; using the stored energy in the torsion
bar
to help lift the door with motor assist, if necessary, and the motor
closing
the door.  After all, if you are going to pay that much for the car you
shouldn't be required to open the door for yourself :)

Greg