[DMCForum] Top Speed fun.....embarrassed by a civic si

[DMCForum] Top Speed fun.....embarrassed by a civic si

Well, I was on my way home from a short vacation in Orlando (Florida) the
other night.  It was about 1 AM and I came upon a Civic SI followed by two

Mitsu Eclipse.  The Civic kept sitting right next to me so I sped up a bit

and got in front of the group and then I slowed back to my original pace.

The civic then caught up to me and began to sit next to me again.  I
popped
the car into to third gear and left it there until redline.  I shifted
into
fourth and kept it on the floor.  The Civic realized what I was doing and
gave chase.  I hit my top speed at about 5100 rpm in fourth gear.  The
civic
and I were neck and neck until I hit my top speed.  The he left me slowly
but
surely.  I kept it on the floor but the car stayed at about 5100 rpm.
Once I
slowed back down to a safe and legal speed, I got behind the last of the
three cars in the pack and proceeded to bring up the rear.  Has anybody
else
tested the top speed of their car and recorded similar results to mine?

Adam
5030 (tail behind it's legs!, waiting for the twin turbo)