[DMCForum] reproduction carpets (was Re: dying carpets?)

[DMCForum] reproduction carpets (was Re: dying carpets?)

> I just got off the phone with Erica at Hydro-E-Lectric and she
> confirmed they can supply them and in any color for 359.00.
> There phone #941-639-0437

I just got off the phone with Erica and ordered a black carpet kit.  There
are two options with carpet type:  a cut pile or a berber which is kind of
closed loop.  I went for the cut pile since that is more like the original
and would match my black wool seat covers better.  Off hand she did not
know
if it included the strip of carpet on the lower door panel.  I assume it
must.  It definitely includes the carpet for the storage compartment
behind
the driver's seat.  She said there were no problems with having carpet fit
the wheel humps.  They should ship sometime next week.

Since they are advertising in Gullwing Magazine, maybe we should do a
feature article on how my installation goes in the 2nd issue?  Black is
the
hardest to photograph, though.  I'll try and see how they come out.

Walt