Re: [DMCForum] dying carpets?

John,

A better bet would be to have reproduction carpets made.  A while back on
the Bricklin mailing list people talked about a company in California or
thereabouts who specializes in making reproduction carpets.  I sent them
an
e-mail asking about making them for the DeLorean and got no response.  I
since misplaced the info but intend to try again sometime.  Once they made
pattern for the Bricklin, they could make carpets kits in any color.
Anyone
care to look them up?  I've heard that DMCH has no more NOS passenger side
carpets in stock.  Too many have been ruined by leaking battery acid on
that
side.

I have been tempted to make my own carpets since I want all black too.
The
main trouble spot is the wheel humps on the rear parcel shelf since those
are curved in 3D.  Headliner fabric or vinyl/leather could be used here.
All the rest are flat surfaces which could be sewn at some of the fold
lines.

Walt