Re: [DMCForum] great group

>   I just wanted to thank Walt for starting a real cool group of
> Delorean owners.

Thanks for the thanks.  Marc is certainly correct that anyone can start a
list.  There have been many off-shoots of the DML, most of which have
almost
no traffic.  I'm glad to have a place where we can be off-topic and even
obscene but still mostly be on topic of our cars.  It is like having an
on-going DeLorean club meeting that never ends.  I grew up in an antique
car
club family often having my yard packed full of an incredible variety of
antique exotics.  Help!  I'm turning into my parents!

> Do you have to line up
> the little holes perfectly (tiny hole in fuel line circle connector
> to tiny hole in fuel injector)

Like Martin said, the banjo fitting has a groove that wraps around the
bolt,
so placement of the hole in the bolt makes no difference.  Copper crush
washers are a serious issue.  You aren't supposed to reuse them.  The
Bosch
K-Jetronic systems run at very high pressures compared to most other
systems.  Leaks tend to spray out in fine streams.  Small ones can totally
vaporizes as they spray making them invisible.  Once ignited they burn
like
blow torches that can quickly consume a car.  There are supposed to be
crush
washers on both sides of every banjo.  I have known of people forgetting.

I've heard a procedure that you can recondition copper crush washers by
holding them on a wire while heating them red-hot with a torch.  I haven't
tried it because new washers are very cheap compared to the risk involved
of
having a leak.  Always keep a fire extinguisher in the car (bigger than
the
typical small ones) and one in the shop too.  I always get a nervous laugh
from the car's owner whenever I set a big extinguisher next to their car
before opening the fuel system.  Their reaction is, "Are you THAT unsure
of
yourself?" or "If you think you might need that then you aren't touching
my
car!"

Walt