Re: [DMCForum] Stuck in the doldrums....

Re: [DMCForum] Stuck in the doldrums....

Travis,

I'm not a lady, but I'll offer my advice.

This is assuming you're like me and like to get moving quickly and
therefore
push harder in the first two gears. My thought, since you've regulated the
sparkplugs and injectors, is fuel delivery. If the pump can't keep up with
the
demands of the injectors during brisk acceleration, you may experience the
"missing" effect during the "pulling off from the light" time. I would
check the
fuel pump. If the pump isn't delivering an adequate amount of fuel to keep
up
the demand, the engine progressively runs out of fuel during hard or long
acceleration. My guess is it could be the pump itself, a worn lobe on the
cam
that drives the pump, or even some restriction in the fuel system (however
since
you already checked your hoses this last case is unlikely). A quick way to
check
this might be to install (temporarily of course) an electrical boost pump
that
delivers somewhere between 4 and 6 psi of fuel pressure. If this stops
your
jerking engine, you can probably bet it's a fuel pump problem.

Now, the other possibility is the fuel pump relay ... it may be on the way
out.
I however know little about this device, so you'd have to check that
yourself or
find an expert. ;)

Of course, this is just searching for the problem, probably just food for
thought. It's the best I can do. Good luck.

Regards,
Farrar in New Orleans
--
www.wwno.org