Re: [DMCForum] I agree with you

> Unfortunately, the forum never really caught on...  The membership is
> slowly rising, but the posts aren't.
> You can check it out here: www.delorean.info/forum/

Hey Jim,

I'm glad to hear from you.  It looks like I have duplicated your efforts
because I didn't know your efforts in the matter even existed -- due
naturally to DML censorship & ego.

The moderators put up with a lot of my efforts, but to protect their ego
and
domination, they refused to allow my last post through on their precious
DML.  You can read about that in the archives of the new list.  But I'm
sure
it is a similar experience to what you had on your own with them before
me.

I am not pleased with the Yahoo ads & banners either.  The way I avoid
most
of it is to receive the messages as they come through as e-mails.  At
worst
you get a banner at the bottom of the e-mail.

The problem with so many of us working independently on a solution is that
it further dilutes the effort and in a since leaves the evil empire of the
DML on top.  The domain name I registered is DMCForum.org.  I specifically
liked the .org designation because it makes me think in terms of a
non-profit non-ego organization as opposed to DMCNews.com which sounds
like
a typical media biased news broadcast that Dan Rather is running.

I checked out your web site.  It looks nice and the infrastructure is
there,
but it is confusing for me to use.  I feel like there must be a lot more
there than meets the eye and I don't know how to press the right buttons
remove the veil.  I signed on as the user WATSDAT which is what I have on
my
license plate.  I like the domain name you have, but I like mine better.
The advantage to yours is that you have the word "DeLorean" in there
without
any hyphens or other words.  You also associate the word ".info" and info
is
what people are looking for.  The disadvantage of having the word
"DeLorean"
as your main identity is that the word itself is rather anonymous.  It
sounds like a domain that DMC/Texas should be using.  I've noticed that
they
have registered several variants on the issue and am surprised that you
were
able to get anything like it.

Another problem for all of us is ego (which started the migration turned
exodus away from the DML).  The idea of giving up on my efforts to tell
everyone to go to your site sounds as fun to me as you wanting to do the
same with your efforts.  The guy running DMCTech is a similar issue.  He
wants to write up a comprehensive technical service manual but he wants
everyone to contribute for free.  Then he holds the copyright and sells it
for a profit.

My agenda is two-fold:  1) Provide a casual way for people to have
discussions via e-mail and 2) have our combined experiences be summed up
into a free open-to-the-public online technical service manual in the same
standard format that all OEM service manuals are written.  Then the main
page linking to that would mention the next scheduled shows, etc.  That
pretty much duplicates DMCNews.com's efforts, but those guys are real
dicks
about it.

Check out my efforts and read the archives (there aren't many yet).  I am
open to suggestions on combining our efforts.  In such, I have an
experience
to relate to you.  I'm not racist; though, when I was in highschool the
student population was probably 1/5 black.  Even though whites dominated
the
population, we ALWAYS had a black Home-coming queen.  The reason?  The
blacks only offered one choice to vote for; the whites always had several.
Consequently, the white vote was scattered leaving the black choice the
clear winner every time because all the blacks voted black.  My moral of
the
story here is that we seem to be several lone individuals who are
scattered
and really hidden not only by the wealth of junk on the internet but also
by
the overwhelmingly dominant and oppressive DML.  If you can suggest ways
for
us to combine our efforts without our egos getting in the way, I'm open.

I am hoping that the following of people that I have generated by my usual
column-like posts will provide a good start to get people away from the
oppressive regime and to a nicer place.  I intend to promote the hell out
of
it at the next show in Tennessee.  Ken Koncelik who runs the show is also
an
outcast of sorts being banned from DeLorean World.  It all boils down to
people's selfish nature getting in the way.

Let me know what you think.
Walt

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?